General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineering Intern to join our Mission Systems department in San Diego for Summer 2018. Under direct supervision, successfully chosen candidate will assist in many aspects of our Mission Systems team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is available for undergraduate or graduate students to participate in supervised practical training in a professional field. Assists in the completion of non-routine and advanced tasks; assists in the analysis, investigation and solution of non-routine problems; and assists in developing electronic and hard copy documentation as required.
Essential Functions: Under limited supervision, working on non-routine projects with general instruction and advanced projects with detailed instructions:
- Participates in the day to day activities of assigned functional area assisting in the completion of non-routine and advanced tasks.
- Assists in applying knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve non-routine problems.
- Assists in developing electronic and hard copy reports, records, diagrams and charts.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Familiarity and/or willingness to learn about developing and integrating software for radar applications such as MTI, Viedo, SAR, ISAR, Weather Detection, Foliage Penetration, and/pr Air to Air target detection.
Familiarity with basic signal and/or image processing concepts
Knowledge of the Systems Engineering design process including:
- Concept of Operations
- Requirements Development
- Software/Systems Architecture
- System Integration and Test
- Verification and Validation
- Matlab Modeling, Simulation, and Data Analysis
- Familiarity with Software Engineering
- C, C++ Programming
- Real Time Algorithm implementation on embedded systems a plus
- Agile software process
- Familiarity with Broadband RF and bi-static or multi-static radar a plus
- Familiarity with Guidance, Navigation, and Control a plus
Additional Functions: Other duties as assigned or required.