Change the world at IBM. There arent many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available the sky is the limit!
- This Student Position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a 12-month (intern) month work term commencing in May 2018.
It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on products and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBMs large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following are the job responsibilities for the Technical Analyst position.
The IBM Cognos Support team is responsible for providing World Class technical software support. To achieve this objective, we have teams of professionals who test, simulate, and resolve a variety of technical and design issues while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
Working with other experienced team members, our Co-op students help provide solutions to client requirements in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will be providing technical support to live production and test systems, providing mission critical assistance to Fortune 1000 companies from around the World.
There are opportunities to learn in the following areas: Databases (Tier 1 DBs such as IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server etc), SQL, Networking, Web servers, Operating Systems (including UNIX,Linux), industry standard troubleshooting tools and techniques, leadership, and effective communication
The challenge will be to meet customer expectations with a high degree of satisfaction. You will be part of a dynamic team which will be responsible for your customers success.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You are a First, Second, Third or Fourth year student.
- You possess proven oral and written communication skills and are able to work effectively both individually and with others.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment are essential.
- The ability to have fun and work hard is considered a key asset.
- Coop or internship program enrollment is mandatory.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Have a proven aptitude for Computer Science or Information Technology
- Have previous exposure to all or some of the following technologies: SQL, Databases, Networking, Programming, Web servers, and various operating systems.