Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Technical Writer Intern – Operations Training & Development Department
Under the direction of Manager and supervision of Sr Techncal Writers, the intern will support the day to day tasks of various documentation efforts within the Operations Training & Development (OT&D) Department.
- Writing, editing and re-writing of procedures in manuals
- Communicate instructions to a wide range of audiences through various forms
- Interviewing Subject Matter Experts to clarify content and information
- Update information on OT&Ds Sharepoint site
- Format, publish and review content on OT& D’s Knowledge Base site (ROBOHelp)
- Assist in the running of the Documentation Control Requests (DCR) meeting
- Utilize existing style guides to QA different manuals and documentation
- Must be a Bachelors Degree candidate in Junior or Senior year or Masters Degree candidate pursing a degree in a Healthcare related fields.
- Excellent communication skills
- Well organized and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Sufficient mastery of the English language to effectively communicate with customers
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision on projects/tasks assigned
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.