As a Physical and Technical Security Officer Intern for the CIA, you will be part of a team that secures CIA facilities in unique and exciting environments around the world. You will help protect the CIA from terrorism and hostile foreign services by analyzing risks, securely constructing facilities, renovating facilities, accrediting secure work environments, and engineering, installing, integrating, and maintaining specialized security systems. Your efforts, either as part of a team project or even completing independent research, will serve as the basis for the secure environment required at our facilities worldwide.
Regular domestic and overseas travel is required for full-time staff employees and interns may be afforded the opportunity to participate in a trip dependent on performance, aptitude, schedule, and budget restrictions.
The Undergraduate Internship/Co-op Program allows you and the Agency to assess opportunities for permanent employment following your completion of undergraduate school.
Offices of the CIA - Directorate of Support
The Directorate of Support (DS) provides everything the CIA needs to accomplish its critical mission of defending our nation. The DS provides business operations support to Agency components including all aspects of security, logistics, facilities, finance, education, medical services and human resources. Learn more about the Directorate of Support .
Life at CIA:
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the CIA offers exciting career opportunities and a dynamic environment. We're on the forefront of world-altering events - as they happen. So working here isn't just a job, it's a mindset and a lifestyle.
- Enrolled in a nationally accredited undergraduate program (Associates or Bachelors) in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Information Technology
- Installation, maintenance, and/or administration of IT systems
- Programming (C, C++, Internet, Windows applications development, interrupt processing/service routines, device drivers, RS-232 communication applications, Python, scripting, CISCO, Linux/Unix, Networking)
- Voice/data communications (satellite, RF, wireless and telecommunications networks)
- Anti-terrorism Force Protection
- Installing and/or integrating security equipment to include:
- Intrusion detection systems
- Access control systems
- CCTV systems
- Vehicle barriers
- High-security locking hardware
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering experience
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.