ORC Utility & Infrastructure Land Services, LLC provides services related to program management for the land acquisition phase of pipeline, transmission lines, utility and other infrastructure projects as well as real estate services including, but not limited to, right of way acquisition services.
This position will work with an assigned mentor on a regular basis. During the next to last week of the internship, the intern will meet with their mentor and the office Project Manager to make a brief presentation of what they learned. The intern will prepare at least one offer packet and easement document on their own and then review it with their mentor. Internship will last from May through July 2018 and will be expected to work 8am-4pm, we are willing to be flexible around course schedule.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program and a Junior or Senior standing (60 - 90 credit hours completed) by start of internship.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must be technologically proficient with Excel, MS Office Suite, MS Outlook and other electronic tools.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit with a desire to succeed.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set individual and team goals.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team.
- English language proficient.
- Valid Driver’s License.
This is a paid internship.
Relocation and/or per diem/housing allowance is not provided.
Why choose a career with ORC?
- How did you get to school today? Did you drive a car or ride a bus?
- Have you ever considered how the highways you use are developed?
- Do you use a cell phone?
- Have you ever considered how cell towers are placed?
- When was the last time you flew on an airplane?
- Have you ever considered how airports are developed or expanded?
- Have you ever taken a subway or train for public transportation?
- How are they constructed and expanded?
- Do you use electricity to power your cell phone and computer?
- Have you ever considered how electricity is transmitted to your school or home?
You could have the opportunity to work for a company that makes these things happen. Did you know that the 5th Amendment to the U. S. Constitution guarantees that private property shall not be taken for public use without just compensation?
Details of Internship:
We can train you to be part of building our country’s infrastructure while protecting the private property rights of those impacted by these projects.
- Introduction to the many right of way disciplines for which we provide services (Acquisition, Relocation, Title, Appraisal, Closing).
- Review existing real estate parcel files to gain understanding and importance of all required documents (parcel refers to property owners distinct portion of land with fixed boundaries).
- Assist the mentor in preparing offer packages and easement documents.
- Learn how to do basic property/land ownership research online.
- Learn how to locate property owner company registration information online.
- Document property owner meeting notes.
- Assist in maintaining the project parcel status report.
- Perform office specific tasks that assist the office with their current projects.
- This could include taking comparable photos, delivering documents to clients or property owners, researching for comparable sales or available properties, courthouse work including obtaining copies of deeds or recording deeds, etc.
- When possible, attend a chapter or region IRWA event, ASHE, ACEC or other similar industry trade organization to further acquaint them with the diversity of our industry.
- Orient to the various types of plans used in the right of way industry and acquaint them with basic plan reading skills.
- Orient to the industry’s safety culture and have them present and participate in safety meetings/moments.
- Where and when possible, expose to active construction project(s) so that interns become more familiar with the project impact as a means of enhancing their personal knowledge and better equipping them to communicate those impacts effectively to potential stakeholders/landowners.
- Perform basic office tasks such as making copies, uploading documents to Sharepoint and other sites, and other such tasks required for the position.
ORC is hiring ourFuture Leaders!