Change the world at IBM. There arent many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available the sky is the limit!
- This position resides in Toronto, Ontarioand is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBMs large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The IBM Commerce organization is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative intern to join our worldwide team. Successful candidates will work as part of a diverse, highly skilled, global team to interface with well-known, high-profile clients to support the development of their e-Commerce solutions. The issues we resolve are varied, challenging, and often business critical for our clients. You will have opportunities to leverage and grow skills with a variety of technologies including database, performance, security, mobile, Java and web programming. IBM Commerce is an industry leader in software solutions that help companies transform the way they market and sell their products. Our solutions are based on the latest technologies and are engineered using industry leading software development methods. Working with IBM Commerce products offers candidates exposure to a wide variety of technologies and integrations both on-premise and on the IBM Cloud.
We are constantly working to provide our clients with the best customer experience. Our team is recognized as an innovative leader, driving important initiatives like internal and external tooling. This provides additional growth and leadership opportunities that extend beyond resolving the current client issues. We also leverage our highly collaborative relationship with the development teams to drive product improvements including serviceability.
The ideal candidate will bring passion, initiative, excellent communication skills, and a take charge attitude resolving deep technical issues relating to product architecture, performance, security, customization, and deployment. Candidates must have proficient skills in Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) technologies, development/debugging, Dynamic HTML/web programming, Representational State Transfer (REST), databases (Oracle/DB2). Candidates also need to be able to perform under pressure during critical situations for our clients. Both leadership and the ability to effectively build strong peer and client relationships are important to your success in this role.
The majority of our work is handled from the office, but on some occasions, a technical support specialist may have the opportunity to travel to provide on-site assistance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Experience with Java Development
- Experience with Web Development (including Dynamic HTML and CSS)
- Experience with Database administration skills and an understand of SQL
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience with Networking and TCP/IP
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrates self-motivation and a desire for on-going learning
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Understanding of software engineering
- Customer facing experience