Big Gorilla Design is looking for a motivated Web Design / Graphic Design Intern. This is a great opportunity to develop professional expertise and gain practical experience being part of a creative team.
Big Gorilla Design is a boutique Web Design, Marketing & Branding agency that handles clients of various sizes.
Our office is located in North Austin. The intention of this internship position is to give the chosen candidate the opportunity to work on projects, and assist and learn from industry professionals.
Required Education: We are seeking junior and senior level college students or graduate students who are currently enrolled in a Website Design & Development, Graphic Design, 3D Animation, or Media Arts program.
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Master’s program at an accredited college or university, or be a recent graduate looking to learn and gain professional experience.
- Must be maintaining an overall GPA of 3.0 or above, with a GPA of at least 3.3 in their major
- Versed in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver. Familiarity with other programs, such as Sketch is a plus.
- Must have a portfolio showcasing work in web design & development / graphic design.
- Must know HTML5, CSS. Being versed in other programming languages is a plus - please specify what languages you are strongest in, as well as your total knowledge base of programming languages and what your experience level is with each language.
- Knowledge and practical experience with WordPress and other content management systems is a plus.
- Must be residing locally in the greater Austin area.
- Proficiency in both MAC and PC environments
- Experience in designing for social media a plus
- UI/UX experience
- Both front end and back end development skills are a plus
- Excellent administrative and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Quick learner. Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
Internship will run until May 31, 2018, and has the potential of being renewed. All interns are paid a small monthly stipend.
Internships can also be done in exchange for college credit based upon school’s requirements.
Interns are required to work an average of 10-12 hours per week (time requirements may vary slightly by week). There is some flexibility on where the work is done, though part of those hours will need to be done in our North Austin office.
Please include your resume and a link to your portfolio when applying.
If you’re creative, motivated, detail-oriented, resourceful, and want to gain experience through interning with an Austin web design agency, then we would love to hear from you!
- Assist staff in creating designs and concepts.
- Updating websites with new information, pictures, blog posts, etc.
- Assist supervisors with building sitemaps, wireframes, mockups and coding projects.
- Contribute ideas and designs to various projects
- Organize, prioritize, and manage graphics projects
- Other duties may be assigned depending on skill set
- Some office and administrative duties