This scholarship is for applicants to the Master of Leadership in Global Development postgraduate coursework program, commencing in 2018. The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and support international students from low to middle income countries with demonstrated frontline experience of working on development projects. Applicants must have a stated desire and purpose to bring frontline learning to higher levels of aid organisations and development policy arenas. Applicants must have been educationally disadvantaged as a result of their financial circumstances.
This scholarship was established in 2017 and is maintained by an annual co-contribution from the Institute for Social Science Research (ISSR) and the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS).
The Institute for Social Science Research may award one scholarship in a year on the recommendation of the Head.
The value of the scholarship is $36,688 (indexed annually) to cover EITHER
- Scholarship A) full tuition fees for the MLGD program for the year for which it is held OR
- Scholarship B) a Living Allowance, Visa application fees, a Travel & Establishment grant, Standard Overseas Student Health (OSHC) cover and the UQ Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF)
An applicant is eligible for the scholarship, if the applicant –
- Has an existing application with UQ for the MLGD and meets all entry requirements for the program - conditional on earning the MicroMasters® credential; and
- Submits an application to the Head, by the closing date for applications; and
- Is an international student within the meaning of the Fee Rules.
Incomplete applications and applications not meeting the eligibility requirements will not be considered.